Friday, January 1, 2016

Holding Loosely to High hopes

I'm in the process of finishing my first book! My goal is to release it in March or April. My prayer is that the book will open some doors for teaching opportunities. I honestly can't even express to you how much I miss teaching. I know that sounds melodramatic, but it's true. It's like a part of me is missing. For now, I'm writing in an attempt to fill in the gaps.

At the same time, I just started writing a devotional for reading the Bible chronologically. Man, is it a blast to write! I have no idea if I'll be able to stick with it through the course of an adoption, church planting, and whatever else God has in store for this year, but I really hope to complete it and release it in two volumes.

I have high hopes for 2016, but I know one thing: I had no idea that I'd be in Jamestown, NY one year ago.

If I'm honest, I also know that I have no idea what I'll be doing one year from today. Yes, I have hopes, even a few plans, but I don't know anything. God has a way of throwing curve balls that I didn't plan for, and He tends to take me places that I didn't expect.

So here I am, hands open with my dreams on my palms, offering to God my heart, my hopes, and my life. I've made a few resolutions, but my only true goal is trust.

My goal for this year is not to attain a certain accomplishment or achieve a certain kind of success. I simply aspire to trust the Father and follow Him wherever He leads. I resolve to know Him more fully and trust Him more deeply. What could be a greater achievement?

 

1 comment:

  1. I want 3 of your first run. :) You are an awesome writer!

    ReplyDelete