This is it! It's the week of our first service!
We have been getting ready for this week since we landed here in the fall. We have been looking forward to May 1st for months. We've been working on the building, on the worship service structure, and on getting in tune with God's vision for His church here in Jamestown. We've met with our partner family, and they have worked hard on the lighting and the nursery. We've sent 2,200 invitations to Jamestowners, and we've purchased five billboards around the area.
And you've been a huge part of this process, too! You've been praying, begging God for His help on our behalves and on behalf of the city of Jamestown. Some of you have sponsored chairs. Some of you have sent us encouragement that came at just the right moments. Some of you have come up and worked to give this church plant an awesome start. Thank you!!
But church isn't church without people. We have literally no idea who may show up on Sunday, and that's pretty scary. So now is the time to hunker down with us and pray with a little extra fervency, a little more dedication, and a whole lot of the Holy Spirit.
Please pray that:
- God will get the invitations to the right people at the right moments.
- The weather won't keep anyone from coming.
- People will be drawn to the church.
- God will clear the path to church for people who may be struggling.
- Those who attend will feel loved by us and by our Father.
- The Holy Spirit will pour down over the service on Sunday.
- The Spirit will prepare the hearts of those who come.
- The Word of God will be faithfully preached and joyfully received by the people who attend.
- The truth of the Gospel will penetrate hardened hearts and strengthen weak souls.
- God will be worshiped and adored as He deserves.
There is nothing that you can do that is more powerful than praying to our God that He will act, and we need and deeply appreciate your prayers. Thank you so very much for coming alongside us!