Sunday, November 22, 2015

Connecting


 A couple of weeks ago, some precious friends from our previous church made the 6.5 hour trek to come and visit. It was such a sweet, refreshing, and restful time. I don't quite understand it, but not knowing anyone in town is tiring. There may have been a time in my life when I would appreciate the lack of demands, but now I find it challenging.
 
We were able to meet with the pastors of the church that we're attending. They know Jamestown well, and they know the challenges and joys of church planting better than we do. We were also able to have dinner with a couple who are very active ministry leaders at the church. It was a joy to speak with them and receive encouragement from them.
 
This time of adjustment has only strengthened my love for church. Church is so much more than a service or an organization. It's a family, a safe place. It is the Body of Christ! It's also been strange in that I rarely enter a church without a title. Usually people know our names before we actually meet them. It's uncomfortable, but very good, to enter a church as a visitor.
 
Edwin will be preaching at a church that's located about 45 minutes from here. The pastor recently left, and it is possible that Edwin will be preaching there regularly until the church plant here has launched. Please be in prayer for him. He is very busy with a full time job, church planting, adoption work, and now sermon preparation.
 
My parents are on their way to spend Thanksgiving with us! I can't tell you how excited I am to see them and spend some time with them. Plus, Edwin and I are going to blow this popsicle stand and go out on our first date in months! Seriously, I'm so excited!
 
We now have 39 people who have signed up to join us in ministry as prayer partners! This is awesome, and we are so grateful for the support we've received. If you would like to be a part of our ministry team by praying for us at least once a week, please consider signing up by filling out the form at the top of the right sidebar. Thank you so much!
 
Have a terrific Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment